Sunday, December 2, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!

These last few weeks have flown by with Ella's 1st Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Parades, Decorating for Christmas, and travelling around for Alex's various job interviews!!!!
First of all- Ella TURNED ONE!!!! It is true what they say about time flying by when you have kids!! Amazing! We planned a party with family and friends, but sometimes things don't always go as planned! The night before her party, we went to a Christmas Parade with Alex's parents, Tana and the kids, and Aunt Maxine! Well, Alex's Mom had the flu and wasn't able to make it. So, we get to a church in town that was having a dinner before the parade. We meet Alex's Dad there and as we are walking in, Maddie throws up all over Ella!!!! So Fun. We thought she was just car sick so we stayed and had dinner (after cleaning everyone up). I will say though that the Chilli Cheese Hot Dog Dinner was not quite as appealing after cleaning the girls up! After dinner she threw up again. We still thought she was just car sick (that happens quite frequently). Anyways, we went to the parade and had fun. Maddie was feeling much better. After the parade she threw up again. Well, we finally realized it had to be the flu. On the way home Spencer threw up. That was an exciting car ride home!! The next day was Ella's Party. By this time John(Alex's Dad), Rebecca (Alex's Mom), Maddie, Chloe, Spencer, Jennie(Sister in law), and Magnolia(niece) were all sick and couldn't come! Despite all of that we had a wonderful party!!!!! What a blessing to have Ella in our lives!!!
Ok, now for our BIG NEWS!!! WE ARE MOVING TO CHICAGO!!!!! Alex got hired by the Kane County Cougars (Single A Team of the Oakland A's) as a Sales Representative! We had been praying for so long that the Lord would continue to lead us through open doors and we would follow until they closed. That is exactly what happened. This has been Alex's dream and we are very excited. It will be a while until we are completely moved up there, but we can't wait! Please pray for us as there will be so much to do! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
My Babies-Ella and Albert
At our Favorite Christmas Parade!

Ella's Great Grandma made her cake for her!

Party Time!

Such Table Manners!

Look At All My Presents!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ella,
Poppie and I just saw the pictures on Mommy's blog. We can't wait to give you a big hug. It looks like life is giving you many wonderful experiences. We love you and pray for you all the time. Give Mommy and Daddy our love. Moo-ah.

sara said...

Wow- great news on the move and job! I pray it will all go well.

Happy B-day, cute girl! That cake looked good! :)

You asked about the socks....I put a little treat or present in the sock everyday, but they have to take turns. Then some days I will put 3 treats in there for all of them! One sock for each day in Dec.

2Icecubed said...

Happy birthday, Ella!! What a beauty she is!!!! That first year really does fly by!! So I have to ask...did Ella get the flu after it was spewed all over her???:) Congrats on your move to Chicago soon! At least you will be a little closer to MN!!!

Kelly said...

It sure sounded like an exciting parade! The chili dog explanation really made me sick!
Happy Birthday to Ella! Jana, she is soooo cute! This next year is going to be so much fun. Is she walking yet?
I will be praying for you as you sell your house, pack, and all those exciting things that go with a move. It sounds like you are going to have quite the holiday. That is so neat how God opened the door for you guys!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana,
Congrats on the job. I will be praying for you guys.
Happy Birthday to Ella. She is a doll.

Jenny Carson

Jill said...

That little girl got LOTS of presents! What a sweetie! And congrats on your move to Chicago. Now we have a place to stay when we come to shop at IKEA!!! Just kidding. :)

WTBroke said...

Ella Bella, We are so sorry to miss your party, we were having our own though around a bucket :) We have had a wonderful year with you!! We love you. Uncle Warren says "Ellllla"

Sarah said...

Such a cute little one-year-old! Glad she had a nice b-day in spite of the sickness floating around.
And that is so cool that you guys will be closer! Tell Alex that Josh thinks he has one of the coolest jobs around! :-)

Shannon Fure said...

Jana- when can we come and visit - I've been bugging Matt about going to Chicago. When are you guys moving? Congratulations on that and Ella's party - I guess we'll be planning one of those soon, too! Love ya!

Cari said...

Hey Jana! I was excited to find you! Little Ella is adorable, congrats. Hope you are all well. Love, Cari Wredberg

Melissa said...

What an adorable little girl! And I'm incredibly jealous that you're moving to Chicago. I want to move back there so bad...but I don't think I'll ever get Andy to live in the Midwest again. :( I'm still trying, though! I usually get there to visit friends twice a year, so i'll look you up next time! Miss ya, girl!