Thursday, October 25, 2007

Inspiration!!!!


I love reading Sara Mincy's blog. Looking at all her wonderful paintings has really inspired me. So, when my sister and her family bought their new home I decided to do an art project with the kids. They each painted a self-portrait for the new bathroom. I had to pull my hand away many times with the urge to make it tweek it a little bit. I'm so glad I did because I loved the end result. Their little personalities came shining through. Thanks Sara for the inspiration!!!
Check out mincymedia.com !!!!

6 comments:

sara said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!! That is so cute!! And I love the little bows :) I need to get my boys to do self-portraits- kid art is so funky!

Thanks for your sweet comments! It is so encouraging!

2Icecubed said...

What a neat idea, Jana! I noticed them right away when I was looking at the pictures of the house on Tana's blog. They are adorable. As far a Sara goes...she is so talented. I love looking at all of her ideas~incredible!!:)

Anonymous said...

Jana, What a great job you do with all your pictures. Wish I could say you got your creativity from your Mother, but we all know that is not the case. Thank you for all your help given to Tana so unselfishly. The kids love their "Aunite and "Uncle". It's great to see you and Tana help one another and Ella loves her Auntie Tana and Uncle Warren. Love, Mom

Gretchen said...

Jana, that's awesome! I LOVE kid's art! Those are one-of-a-kind and they look super cool, too!

Jill said...

Those are adorable self-portraits! Some day maybe I'll be brave enough to let my kids try some. :)

Kelly said...

I guess that I need to check out Sara's art. Those were so cute! That must have been great to get to spend some time with Pastor Mark and Connie. I loved the story of your babysitting. I can just see you making sure that playroom was just perfect!