I got MBBC's newsletter today and saw they are doing Pygmalion for their Spring Play. I was in the same play in college and I thought back to one of my least favorite moments of my college experience. I was make to wear a "butt bustle" as part of my costume. Mrs. rice noticed that mine was exceptionally large so she asked the costume people to deflate mine. How kind of her. The next day at practice another star of the play came up to me and said,
"Jana your bustle looks much better on you today than it did yesterday."
"Thanks," I replied. "I don't have it on yet."
College was filled with such pleaseant memories!!!!
9 comments:
You make me laugh! We miss you guys soo much!!
oh my gosh...are you serious???? i'm now dying to know who that "star" was! :) i always thought you looked great. in fact, i was just going through an old college scrapbook, and I have one of the college play programs autographed by you!!!! :)
Oh my soul Jana! I read it to Josh and we are dying laughing! :-) What in the world was that girl thinking? (I actually think I remember you coming back to the dorm and venting about that. :-)
Actually that was me writing, not Josh. :-)
Jana that is so funny--I'm sure not at the time, but now you can only laugh, right!! Thats sad about your dog too...we actually have 4 weeks left with our dog as well...hmmmmm....not sure how the boys and I are going to take that one!
Did you guys find a place to live yet? Has your house sold or been put on the market? Anytime you guys are free some weekend, let me know--we'll have you over! ~Heather
Love the "butt bustle" story. Maybe a "butt bustle" would help balance the huge cast you are wearing. :) Maybe Maddie could sew one for you or possibly knit one also. Love you
Too funny Jana! I'm sitting here laughing out loud. I'm also a little curious who the "star" was. :)
So when are you going to tell us who the "star" was? That is such a funny story!
Doogy, that was so well written with such sincerety and affection that it brought tears to dad's eyes. I couldn't help but recall how a few years back you would drive your sisters crazy as you sang out loud in the shower. Their comment: HOW CAN ANYBODY BE SO HAPPY IN THE MORNING. Recently you and your sisters have shown such depth in your lives through your faith as you have all gone through such different trials and tribulations and God does this to pull out the inner person from the heart to share with us that which we normally never see and appreciate. I am blessed. I also can't leave mother out of this because God and the Holy Spirit used her to so much to plant and focus your heart toward what God wants it to be. God bless you Punk.
I'm ready to go back to work.
Love Ya, Dad.
Post a Comment