Today we went to our friend's church to hear Phil Vischer, the Creator of Veggie Tales. Ella hasn't been too involved in the movies yet but absolutely loves the music.
One day when I was getting 'her music' on I said "Ella, Get your ears ready!" So she pulls on her ear loabs.
"Ella, get your mouth ready." So she sticks out her tongue while pulling on her ear lobes.
I am so amazed when she does this stuff.
Moving on. . . .
Phil Vischer's testimony was amazing. His heart's desire was to build a a Christian Walt Disney World but he went bankrupt and had to sell it all. During his testimony he kept saying that he wanted to "save kids from Hollywood." After he lost it all he came to the conclusion of why God allowed him to lose his dream (even when it is a God honoring dream).
He started Veggie Tales to honor God and somewhere through it all he had added to it where God had not. God had simply asked him to use his talents for him and Phil had turned that into "saving all the children in the world". Phil said, "God had not asked me to take that burden on but only to serve him which should bring joy. " He had made the mistake of turning a passion that God gave him into an idol that almost destroyed his ministries.
There were so many ways God spoke to me in that message. It was a great reminder that God allows things to happen for our good, God loves us and wants what is best for us. Phil said he made many mistakes in his busines and ultimately he is the reason he went bankrupt but God allowed it.
Another lesson was that many times we start out with the best of intentions but when we 'add' to that and ultimately make it more about our dreams than following God's plans that is when we are out of God's will.
Tomorrow Ella and I are out to buy a new VeggieTales CD. I love the one we have but when you are singing the songs in your sleep you know you need a new one! (-:
3 comments:
How interesting! I would loved to have heard him. And what a good message! I know I do that a lot- take God's plan and expand on it :)
Jana, thanks for calling tonight. We will have to solve the rest of the world's problems next week. :-)
It is so cool how God worked in his life and changed his direction....I often take my plans and go with them, without another thought about God and His plan. Sad.
Jana, so cute! I can just picture Ella "getting ready"! It almost makes me want another one so I can maybe have a girl....ALMOST!
Post a Comment