This weekend we had our nephews, Tyler and Will, with us. Dana and Jim wanted to have a little getaway so we got to entertain our little guys! Friday night we went to Chuck E Cheese. We enjoy going there with Ella but it is an entirely different story with 3 kids!!!!
On Saturday we went to the Northern Illinois University game vs. Indiana State football game. Our former neighbor's brother is the ISU coach so it was very fun to watch. Again, we have it down going anywhere with Ella, but add 2 boys to the mix and well, we eventually figured it out. The best part was when the boys had to use the bathroom and Alex got to take them!! I just sat back and relaxed. . .Oh, until Ella had a bad diaper. (-: I thought since I was going to change a diaper I would just pick up some snacks. Ok, didn't think that one through. It was about 6 ramps down to the concession stand. After buying 2 drinks and 2 pretzels it finally hit me. . .how was I going to get back up to our seats with Ella? When in doubt, bribery always works. I would walk up a ramp and then from the top say, "Come on Ella, walk up to Mommy and get a drink". I felt a little bit like a person talking to their dog, but nonetheless it worked. We eventually made it back to our seats!
On Sunday we went to a Water Park to celebrate Tyler's Birthday. I am not a big water slide person. I guess the thought of going down a black tube really fast doesn't appeal to me. I tried the first one which was going down the slide while sitting on an innertube. That one went so good I thought I would try the one where you go without an innertube. I get to the top and sit down. The lifeguard says, "You can sit up but if you lay down you will go faster." So I start going down the slide extremely fast and it is pitch dark. I reach up to cover my face (not sure why) when all of the sudden I think, "I am going so fast I don't even feel it." REALLY???? I feel the wall and I am just sitting in the middle of the tube. I start freaking out. I know that Alex is right behind me. The last thing I want is Alex to come down that slide with me sitting still in the middle of it! Here I am pushing, pushing, pushing down the slide! Finally, I reach the end and can see Jim laughing because I am pushing myself down the tube. Oh my word!!!! That is one of those things you dream about happening like showing up at school naked, but you never think would actually happen!
I guess they should make it clear that if you sit up you will STOP......COMPLETELY!!!
4 comments:
You are hilarious! I wish I could have seen you on that slide :)
And I am sure Chuck E Cheese was crazy! We took our 3 there and said never again until they are older- we almost lost them a few times.
Ha, ha, ha!!!! I WISH I could have been there. :-)
And I can just see you enticing poor Ella down the ramps. Hilarious! At least you made it back though--Elijah would have taken off into the crowd, realizing his chance for freedom. :-)
That is hilarious, Jana! I could just picture your face while all this is happening. At least you ventured in them. I was too chicken to do that the last time we were at one. Way to go!!!
Jana,
It is Lisa from Ouabache. I miss you and your laughter! I hope you will come and see us sometime soon! PLEASE call when you come to town, we can all go to lunch! I hope things in Chicago are going well. It looks like your family is having a great time!
Lisa
Post a Comment