Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Diaper Problems!

Ok, I feel like I am losing my mind and not sure I should be allowed to have more children~

Last weekend my Mother-in-law was in town and we went out to eat. At the restaurant Ella of course wet right through her diaper. This always happens when I don't have a change of clothes. So I brought her in the bathroom and Ella has soaked through her jeans. I change her and take her back to our table. Of course, Ella decides to yell through the restaurant:
"Mimi, Mimi, pants wet!!!!!!"
Afterwards we went to Target (I know, what horrible parents: Ella is soaking wet and we go to Target!) and Ella seemed like she was getting more soaked! I was completely baffled. I said to my mother in law, "it seems like she doesn't even have a diaper on!"
When we got home we decided it was time for a bath!!!!!!! Upon taking her pants off I then realized the reason for the horribly soaked pants. Ella didn't have a diaper on!!!! At the restaurant I forgot to put a new one on. Seriously, where is my mind????

9 comments:

The Fures said...

Jana that is a hilarious story! I love it! I put Jack in Little Swimmers for our hour and a half ride to the beach! HA I found out they're not diapers. congratulations on the new little one coming! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. A couple of weeks ago I went to wake up a toddler at the daycare. I rubbed his little bottom as it stuck up in the air and thought it felt a bit strange, but didn't think anything of it until I reached under him to pick him up. He was soaked! He had taken off his pants and diaper, put the diaper back on...both legs in one leg hole and then put his pants back on. There was no protection at all.
Don't worry about your forgetfulness. It has long been my theory that you give 1/2 of your brain to your child, so with each pregnancy, you lose your mind...or part of it.
Love you and congrats

Anonymous said...

Blame it on the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

That was funny babe I have to admit!!! I am super proud of you for being such a great mom, working to help cover some expenses, and for carrying our next child (even if you lose your mind every now and then!!!). I'm VERY excited for our new addition to the family this year!!! I LOVE YOU ALWAYS JANA DEE!!!

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't pin the diaper to Ella as I did to Ella's daddy. Things happen that make life more interesting. Thanks for letting your "favorite, oh, I guess only" mother-in-law come & visit all of you. I enjoyed every minute.
Love you all!

Ann said...

oh my word Jana! that's so hilarious! I love it - thanks for sharing! that made my day :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! At least she didn't #2 while you were out :) Thanks for sharing such a funny story !!!

Blessings from Above said...

Jana, I love you!!! You always make me laugh! Hope everything is going well. Miss you!

Sarah said...

Oh Jana...you are so predictable, in an unpredictable way. :-) I love you---and I am sorry to say that your memory will not get any better. I feel so clueless some days. But at least you have an excuse!!!!