Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!
I wanted to write a quick note about my wonderful Mom!!!! I love my Mom and strive so much to be like her. She is so selfless and always doing everything she can to make our lives more comfortable. Here are just a few reasons why I love my MOM:
* I love that she will drive 12 hours to visit us when we need her. (Even when I think Dad needs her more).
*I love that she makes every holiday special even when we can't spend it with her.
*I love that we still get Easter baskets, Halloween treats, and gifts from Mrs. Clause.
*I love that some of my favorite memories of growing up were going to Indiana vs. Minnesota basketball games together. I love that she and I would proudly walk into Williams Arena being the only 2 wearing IU colors.
*I love that I have memories of her kneeling at the couch praying for us.
*I love that she loves my Dad.
*I love that she makes each one of her girls feel like they are her favorite.
(Although, we all know who really is).
*I love that she was my high school volleyball coach.
*I love that while growing up she was my mom but now she is my friend.
*One thing I didn't love was my haircut!!!!
MOM-Thanks for everything. I could go on and on! Most importantly thank you for showing me how to be a MOM!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
SO Sweet! I know this post will have to make your mom cry!
My dear Jana, No words could express my gratitude for the sweet honor you have given me by posting this on your blog. I wonder who that woman is? What a dear you are to see thru the flaws. Thank you for this, the sweetest of Mother's Day gifts, and I thank God for my most precious friends, my daughters. Love Mom
I'm her favorite daughter, right?!?
This is so sweet, and I think she's pretty special, too! She's a mom like we all would want. I have been blessed with two great moms, so I can recognize other great ones! This is such a nice tribute though - wish I'd thought of it! Now I would just look like a copycat! HA
PS I love all of your music! How do you do that?
Oh well, I tried to leave a note earlier and it did not get saved.. We were just checking on your family to see how you were doing and if you needed anything. We miss seeing you, but think of you often as we drive past your school on our way to "school". Keep us informed if you need anything! Cynthia
I love your mom too.
Love that picture, Jana! That was so sweet what you wrote about your mother. I think the older you get the more you realize how much your mom means to you. I love your mom, too and appreciate the influence she made in my life. She was such a wonderful volleyball coach and is someone I will always look up to.
Jan, tell me your email again. I lost it and I want to get you hooked up on my Colorado blog. I tagged you on it for a meme about yourself. :-)
Post a Comment