Last year I applied for a Reading Recovery Position in our School Corporation and got it. Reading Recovery is a program that offers one-on-one reading instruction with at-risk 1st graders. This was such a unique opportunity because it was Part time and the corporation paid for my training which ended up being 6 graduate hours from Purdue. I also got to leave work at 11:30! I had 4 students the first half of the school year and then 4 more the second half. All year I've been in training and tonight I finally got my Reading Recovery Certificate!!!!! I went to the School Board meeting with the rest of my class and had to walk up in front of everyone to recieve my certificate. My favorite part was when I picked Ella up at my sister's house and she said, "Nice outfit! Your hem is completely out of the back of your skirt!"
Oh, well, you can't look perfect at all times!
9 comments:
Yay, Jana! I'm so proud of you!:)
Love you!
Congrats! I love your blog and the music! And you of course!!!!
Good for you! That sounds like such a GREAT job!!!
Regardless of the hem issue you looked fabulous and your principal said so!! Congratulations I proud of you!!
Congratulations! I am sure you looked wonderful with or without your hem!
Me again! I would love to send you an invite to my blog! Email me (or leave me a comment) with your email address , and I will send you an invite!
(saramincy@gmail.com)
Jana, that is hilarious! So I guess I am hoping you werent' on the news....? :-)
Congrats, Jana! I am so proud of you, esp. with your hubby absent for part of it.
That is hilarious about the skirt, Jana! Congratulations on getting the certificate!! Have you sold your place? I have been wondering if you are still in Indiana or have moved to Chicago.
I Love your sense of humor. Reading about Dana leaving you, made me cry and cry. It is fun reading how you are. You always make life so fun. Glad you are moved in. Telling stories about your mom and dad just bring back special moments for me, when your mom and dad, and Howard and I, spent speical times together. Tell your Mom and Dad hello for me.
Post a Comment