Saturday, April 12, 2008

Coupon Trouble!

I was so excited about a $5 coupon I got in the mail for Huggies Diapers. I read through the coupon thinking there had to be a catch somewhere. I imagined the moment I was going to buy them and there was some catch like, "I'm sorry ma'am. You first have to buy 32 boxes of deluxe diapers, do 12 cartwheels, and lose 5 lbs before you can use this coupon." I looked carefully and there was no catch. It said $5 off ANY SIZE HUGGIES!!!! Ella was wearing her last diaper so I ran over to Babies'R'Us and picked up my big box of diapers. Walking up to the counter I was still nervous. Would the coupon really work? As I'm getting my debit card out I was relieved that she was scanning the diapers and the coupon. WHEEEWWWW!
"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am! This coupon isn't good until tomorrow!!!"
As I got home I realized that I was charged $32.14 for the diapers when they were actually $29.99. We will be making a trip back to Babies'RUs tomorrow with the receipt!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Jana, after all of your frugal efforts. I hope you were mean and firm when you went back!! :-)
It was so fun talking to you the other night. I hope you got sleep finally!

Shannon Fure said...

You're hilarious! I miss you!